Sun Chemical recently released its 11th annual Corporate Sustainability Report for the year ending 2019. The report describes Sun Chemical’s emphasis on sustainability in the way it develops, manufactures, and distributes its products, while also showing how it works with customers and suppliers to improve their sustainability goals, the company said in a news release.
The 2019 report shares key research and development highlights and contributions to a more sustainable future, such as:
- a long-term strategic target to reduce manufacturing CO₂ levels by at least 30 percent by 2030;
- waste reduction programs focused on improving the utilization of incoming materials, promoting recycling and optimizing the end of life of a product or material;
- a silver corporate social responsibility rating by EcoVadis, a 3rd party organization that measures a variety of categories, including environment, labor and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement;
- partnerships with various industry associations and consortia focused on large-scale sustainability objectives;
- products that are developed with bio-renewable raw materials; and
- solutions designed to improve PET bottle recycling and composting.
The company said the report is available to customers and can be requested at sunchemical.com/sustainability/.