Under the company’s “Advancing Good” philanthropy approach, LyondellBasell has made several investments within the communities where it operates around the world. The plastics, chemicals, and refining company reports that it has:
- supported the Houston Astros Foundation, which renovates youth ballparks in the greater Houston area;
- supported the Feyenoord Foundation in the Netherlands, which supports youth sports leagues and workforce readiness programs;
- supported the Global FoodBanking Network and local food banks in the United States’ pandemic relief efforts;
- sponsored MD Anderson Cancer Center’s annual Boot Walk to End Cancer; and
- helped to prepare a 21st century workforce through the LyondellBasell Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology at San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas.